Sunday, May 11, 2008

reflection 3

What information that in this unit did you find interesting?

In unit 3, the rest of the unit will clarify my ability to recognize and identify elements of positioning. This unit I was learnt how to know and understand the writer construct the people in the text. For unit 3 there are practice text 3.1 titled ‘please let me go to your school’ and portfolio 3.2 titled ‘truth about youth’ is the practice for me to make my understanding in positioning better. For reading 3.1 the writer position that scarlet finney is very unfortunate and the writer sympathized her just because she is handicap and don’t have an opportunity to enter the school when the school bring up the reason that they don’t have enough financial to built more facilities to handicap. And in reading 3.2 article is informing the readers especially teenagers in Australia. The writer supports the stance taken by stating the fact of the issues from the survey result. This shows that the writer is trying to be neutral by just stating the result from the article, but he has his own agenda, that is trying to convey the messages that might help the teenagers to overcome the situation

Were any concept/tasks/terminology difficult to understand?

For reading 3.3, I was bringing in to develop the linguistic tools and the new elements such as genre, field, tenor, mode, ideology. The writer gives many examples and it makes it easier to understand. But in reading 3.4, the text is too long and it sometimes make me confused even though this text is construct to make people to understand more about this process. It hard for me to cope with the text because I need to think and read repeatedly to identify the meaning of positioning.

Differences between two readings.

For both reading its clearly show that reading 3.1 and 3.2 is easier to understand than 3.3 and 3.4 because I can really understand by only in my first reading due to the simple word usage and the picture also the caption given. The reading 3.1 ‘please let me go to your school’ is the good sample to practice and the best article for every people to understand the positioning.

No comments: