Sunday, May 11, 2008

reflection 5

What information that in this unit did you find interesting?

After one and continued to another unit, now it come to unit 5. In this unit I been exposed how to know, detect and predict the audience and impact to the readers. For me, this unit is the interesting among others unit. It is because when I learned all the reading and the portfolio task it was simple predicted by me the impact and who’s the audience for every sort of text. There are four readings in this unit which are ‘Types of exposition’, ‘Metaphor’, ‘Australia methadone madness’ and ‘Out of puff’. The article that we need to approach is ‘Out of puff’. And each of the readings has different type of quality and each reading was very interesting.

Were any concept/tasks/terminology difficult to understand?

The part in this topic which I can say quite hard is when we did the reading ‘Types of exposition’. In this reading, all the terminologies needed me to read twice and more to get the exact meanings the writer want to tell. For illustration, the analytical and hortatory exposition sometimes make me confused and I have to repeated back to undoubtedly understand it. Others than that, on the reading ‘Metaphor’, it is also difficult to understand but it is quite interesting for me. For example in the subtopic Metaphor I have learned that one word can be described in many ways and have many meaning. For instance when we wrongly used word it can effect on our understandable. It was fun yet challenging to interpret the meaning of the same word in different phrase.

Differences between two readings.

The reading 5.2 ‘out off puff’ is the best way to practice my understandable to predict what is the impact and the target audience for that reading. Furthermore, other reading 5.1, 5.3 and 5.4 is the extra effort for the writer to make me understand and I can polished my skills on this element and also for my critical literacy.

No comments: