Sunday, May 11, 2008

reflection 8

What information that in this unit did you find interesting?

Finally, it comes to the last unit 8. The last unit in my critical literacy subject. Furthermore, in this last unit I had produce one assignment titled “culling solution to Macaque ‘explosion’” and also done critique reading 8.1 ‘drugs or guns’. To extent my feeling on this subject, in my last assignment I was given an opportunities to give an opinion and critique others students work. Even though I not perfectly good in producing a good element but in this last assignment I felt like I was a lecturer for critical literacy. And for this experience also make me realize and gained new way of producing 10 elements to polish up my entire mistake.

Were any concept/tasks/terminology difficult to understand?

There is no difficulty on checking others student worked but I have a problem to understand the elaboration given and the grammatical error done by that student. In the reading 8.1 I learned that this article given is focusing on the issue of the South African government under the leadership of Thebo Mbeki who has to confront with two different serious agendas; the dissemination of drugs or the guns. In detail, the article covers the issues of the antiretroviral drugs for HIV positive pregnant women and the arms deal which the government has to choose for the betterment of the citizens but the text is too long and I need a plenty of time to understand.

Differences between two readings.
There is no differences between both reading and my assignment because both of it required me to produced and essay according to 10 elements in critical literacy. But my last assignment is a new skill by critique others student worked. Nevertheless, from all the reading in unit 1 till 8, I already gained load of new experience in how to think critically

No comments: