Sunday, May 11, 2008

reflection 4

What information that in this unit did you find interesting?

As in previous unit before, I have learned and gained more information to make my reading skills better than before. In unit 4, I was been exposed on argument and evidence. Hence, there is not all text or readings have an argument and evidence. For develop my ability on spotting the argument and evidence some reading provided in this unit very helpful for me. There are ‘What is the evidence?’, ‘Statistics’, ‘Crooked and fallacious thinking’ ‘body language that speaks to muggers’ and ‘Burning out at nine?’. This all readings give information how to find argument and evidence in different type of texts. And in my opinion reading title ‘statistic’ is the best way to described and explained in the easier technique to search for an evidence and argument; this is because when we learned by using statistic it is the concept we find a proof by figures and numbers.

Were any concept/tasks/terminology difficult to understand?

In the practice test reading 4.1 and portfolio task text reading 4.2, it is how I need to read and keep on reading to find the argument or evidence in the text. This text required me to reread the text to find the correct concept. Burning out at nine is the text I repeatedly read to find the argument. This was hard for me for the first time, but when madam Syaripah asks everyone to reread it is the best suggestion to follow.

Differences between two readings.

To differentiate these two readings, I need to keep reads to make it both reading clear. For me reading 4.3, 4.4, and 4.5 is easier than reading 4.1 and 4.2. Because these reading give lots of example and state the correct way to spotted argument and evidence. But there also some terminologies like circular argument, false analogy and equivocation in reading 4.5 is needed me to read more than once to understand it.

No comments: